Grid Point Limited are a leading provider of Site Engineers. We welcome an opportunity to discuss your requirements.
Information For Clients
Whether you are a Main Contractor, Sub Contractor or Developer, you will understand the value of a high-quality Site Engineer to your project and business. We understand that your job is busy enough so we take a proactive approach on all projects and work
with you as much as we can.
Grid Point was founded and run by two experienced Site Engineers so we fully understand the market and the challenges you face in ensuring that your setting-out, surveys and checks are completed on-time and accurately.
As you would expect from a professional company, our Site Engineers are also fully covered with public liability and professional indemnity insurance. If you like, we can also search and select suitable candidates for permanent positions which will be sourced based on your specifications and requirements.
The duties which Site Engineers will perform and undertake for contractors include:
- All setting out : Piling, RC Frames – traditional and slip form, ground works, highways, tunnels etc.
- Surveys of existing ground levels with output showing contour lines and spot levels.
- Accurate cut and fill calculations with output to .pdf and/or CAD files.
- A fully documented QA system that ensures appropriate checks are made as work progresses.
- Pre/post pour checks for reinforcement, shuttering, drainage, holding down bolts, formation levels etc.
- Drainage surveys.
- General site surveys with cad overlays if required.
- Datums and grid lines for sub-contractors.
- Setting up of the initial site control and datums.
- Volumes of spoil heaps using digital terrain models.
- Surveying and recording formation levels of excavations so that over dig is accurately recorded and quantified.
- Plotting items on site that have critical positioning i.e. crane position and jib radius, output to .dwg and .pdf
- As built surveys of slabs and frames – RC and steel, for line and level.
- Monitoring surveys
“Hague construction started using Grid Point in 2016 after a recommendation from a member of our estimating dept. We had previously been using an agency for engineering requirement’s and had nothing but trouble and grief, causing time and financial delays. From the first day on site it was obvious we were dealing with a far more professional company and within half an hour of arriving the engineer was on site setting out.
We look forward to future projects using Grid Point.”
Scott Heptinstall – Contracts Manager
Information For Site Engineers
Here at Grid Point, we have built our reputation within the construction industry as a supplier of high quality Site Engineers. If you are looking for permanent or contract work and are an enthusiastic Site Engineer with demonstrable experience and care about your quality of work, we would love to hear from you and find out what projects you would ideally like to work on. We recruit for all levels of Site Engineers from Junior to Senior Site Engineers for Groundworks, RC Frames and Steel Frames.
If you are looking for permanent or contract work and are an enthusiastic Site Engineer with demonstrable experience and care about your quality of work, we would love to hear from you and find out what projects you would ideally like to work on. We recruit for all levels of Site Engineers from Junior to Senior Site Engineers for Groundworks, RC Frames and Steel Frames.
As part of our commitment to our contractors and our dedication to continually provide only the best Site Engineers to the industry, we would like to hear from you if have the following:
- On-site experience – for all levels from Junior to Senior
- Competent in the use of all setting out equipment
- Adept in reading and interpreting construction drawings
- Capable of working with AutoCAD – we also provide intermediate and advanced training in this for our Site Engineers
If you are looking for a new position, contact our team today on 0118 466 0293
… or fill out our online JOB ENQUIRY / APPLICATION FORM
Grid Point normally supplies it’s Site Engineers with the latest Leica TS16 Robotic Total Stations, however, should you have equipment on site we can supply an engineer without equipment.
We also provide AutoCAD training for our Site Engineers which is another reason why our Site Engineers are highly sought after within the industry by being able to provide setting-out, surveys and As-Builts in CAD format.
For details on our latest training courses CLICK HERE